Sunday 5 July 2009

Rock and Roll Will Never Die


Out shopping today and had my usual look in Urban Outfitters at the small, quick turn around display of music. Quite a varied taste of somewhat obscure stuff- certainly stuff you wouldn't get in HMV or other big retailers such as.... oh wait it's only HMV left thesedays. Anyhow, I already have a number of the discs on offer so picked up a rather colourful disc.:
Tambourine Dream... no tracklisting whatsoever and box was sealed
Any other day I'd probably be in 2minds, should I buy it, nice cover- good name but weighed against the fact it could contain absolutely anything. Then I noticed the name pocketknife whom I only knew previously from a remix of Jose Gonzalez.

Glad I went with my instincts- stuck it on soon as I got back to my car and found tracks by
Iron & Wine, Jose Gonzalez, John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen all remixed by Pocketknife and sidekick Cousin Cole. Not listened to CD in full yet- but what I have heard is right up my street.
Turns out CD was released over a year ago- never claimed my finger was on the pulse did I?

Here is my favourite, minimal (not minimal techno, just minimal) beats and tweaks (not beeps) to bring this timeless classic a new audience.
Neil Young- My My, Hey Hey (Into the Black).... Cousin Coles into the Blue remix

Hope you enjoy as much as I do- get the album if you can. No longer available on there website or Juno from what I can see, Urban Outfitters is only place I'm aware of personally.

Check them out Urban Outfitters

1 comment:

  1. amazing records! thanks
    any chance of posting more?
    just wondering...thank you, respect.

    djcesar007@hotmail.com

    Czar from Ensenada, Baja, Mexico!

    ReplyDelete